Tuesday 29 November 2011

Advent adrenalin


I've been meaning to make an advent calendar for my tribe for years but still there is nothing. My son is 10.
I was inspired by these clever ladies and decided that this is the year.

I planned.
I measured.
I cut.
I appliqued.
I painted.
I got sick of it after about 10 numbers (24 numbers, phew....) so put it aside.






The funny thing about Advent calendars is that they generally start on the 1st December.
Today I realised that it's now Tuesday 29th November.
CRAP!!! (Insert eye roll, sigh and a couple of fruity expletives!)
I've been stuck in "early Nov" all month. Where did November go? Did someone pinch it?
Needless to say there has been some hasty painting and playing and I'm planning to whack it together tomorrow night (as well as finishing off 10 or so aprons for some orders - hence the adrenalin...)
Crikey, I'll also have to get something to put in it......




Ah well, if I don't make it I'll be really organised for next year, won't I?!?



Hope your holiday/festive celebrations are a tad more organised than mine!

Cheers

Jenny

3 comments:

  1. Its about today that I think "oh I should make an advent calendar" and it just never happens. Yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My almost finished advent calendar could be used this year if no one notices that it still has no binding...Or maybe I will just join you in being super organised for next Dec 1st!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those fabrics. (I recognise number 14)!!
    So did you make it??
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Go on, leave a message. It will make my day!