Tuesday 27 July 2010

The great quilt update - Almost there!!!

What a fabulous morning.
I spent the morning with the talented Andi (of Patchandi) who helped with the binding on THE quilt (yep, basically I had no idea and mentioned that I was making it up as I went along and she wisely put a stop to that!)

I have never seen so many beautiful quilts in one place as there is at Andi's house. One very talented chick! And for those that follow Andi - the kitchen is nicer than the pics!
And she's a screaming fast sewer (hence the really blurry photo below .... or it may have just been my appalling photographic skills????). I was faffing about (and talking too much) as the clock was ticking and my youngest was about to be stranded at Occasional Care when Andi got the show on the road and had that sewing machine smoking! And now it's all attached, waiting to be hand sewn and then it will be done. I can hardly believe it!?!?!?
Thanks Andi - you're a star, a treasure and a very clever custard! Hope you like your little apron thank you.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE my apron.
    I was just starting to make dinner when you arrived so I popped it on straight away!!!
    Thank you so much.
    You shouldn't have ... but I'm a bit pleased that you did.
    Andi x

    PS Can't wait to see your quilt all finished! It is such a beautiful and thoughtful present for your little Mr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't she fabulous! Love the apron and I know she will too. Can't wait to see the quilt all finished and the stripes look perfect!!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, leave a message. It will make my day!